Thursday, November 20, 2008

Webinar Presented!

I feel an enormous sense of relief that our webinar presentation is behind us. We learned so much along the way, not only about our 2.0 tool, but about the process of developing eLearning instruction as a team. Honestly, when we began this endeavor, the thought of the presentation was daunting. But as we prepared our materials, and felt so confident and good about the work we were doing, the prospect of delivering it to the class become less fearsome. I wish that more classmates had attended but I think our attendance is pretty standard compared to other turnouts. We utilized a number of Connect's functions, and I have to admit I think we got pretty lucky considering what could have gone wrong. For example, we utilized a great deal of audio components in our webinar. We were prepared to go live with our scripts at any given moment, but fortunately that aspect of the webinar ran smoothly. I do think we should have had our participants do an activity during the webinar on FLickr, but that presents its own set of issues. Not only do participants have to have existing Flickr accounts (something we can't rely on when we present this to the faculty in the spring) but it also increases the risk of technical breakdown. For the millionth time, I have to reiterate how lucky I feel to have been paired up with Mindy and Ann. Our talents are all very complementary, and each of us is conscientious and determined to do our fair share. We lucked out! Thank you instructors for such a successful grouping!

In other news, now that the webinar is behind us I can dedicate more time to my EdWeb and revising my analysis. I was concerned when I submitted the first draft that I was way off target of what the instructors were looking for. I don't think I completely missed, but I know that my instructional objectives need a LOT of work. It's hard because my program isn't a traditional (I say traditional as if eLearning has been around forever) type of eLearning instruction. My program is part game, and something that may or may not be used in the classroom. And I am not envisioning it taking the place of Science curriculum. But maybe I need to be thinking of it in that context, to fortify its instructional merits. Since I am not a certified teacher, I guess that is where I lack confidence in creating content that will be used in the classroom. My experience is more entertainment oriented. I need to recognize that I dont have to be the expert in every aspect of my EdWeb, and that I can bring in mentors and advisors who can help fill the wholes in my experience.

No comments: