Greetings! This has been such a long week for me. Not because of school, but because of other facets in my life. The marathon training is getting more difficult, and I find myself totally drained and feeling borderline sick. Ack! I can't afford to get sick right now! The eLearning program is a good diversion, and I'm also relieved that we don't have to deliver the whole powerpoint presentation by Oct 4! That was a scary prospect!!
I am feeling apprehensive about the presentation, but it helps to think of it as a test run that will be fine tuned before the spring debut to a broader audience. My team is well balanced, and I have been so impressed with my teammates innovation and enthusiasm for the project. Thanks instructors for putting us together! I hope they feel I am a good addition to the team, too.
I love the idea of "do" activities. When I began my career as a children's internet project manager, the aspect of my job that I loved most was creating activities that kids could connect with, and make their own. Self empowerment was a big part of what I was trying to deliver to that young audience. I always tried to make content educational, but because it was for entertainment companies, there was a large degree of goofiness as well. The Flickr presentation will challenge us to make those connections with our audience, and hopefully bring about a child-like enthusiasm with the great attributes Flickr can offer to eLearning. Our goal is to leave our audience, and hope that they head straight for the engaging and fun activities we will have previously designed for them in a Flickr space.
To me, "do" is the best part of the instruction. I like the challenge of trying to come up with original activities that resonate with the audience, and ones that make a connection on many levels. Chapter three in Horton's book has been my favorite chapter so far. The discussion of games/simulations and the different activities you can create for your audience is what gets me fired up!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment